Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Unless otherwise stated, all bookings with Hagans Leisure Group are subject to acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- CONTRACT. A contract between you and us comes into existence when you pay a deposit either over the phone, in person, or online. Your contract is with members of the Hagans Leisure Group which includes, Hagans Leisure Ltd, Sam Hagan Leisure (UK) Ltd, Solway Holiday Village, Beacon Fell View Holiday Park, Causeway Coast Holiday Park and Ryan Bay Holiday and Residential References to “we”, “us” and “our” are to Hagans Leisure Group.
- CHECK IN/CHECK OUT. All accommodation is hired from 4pm on day of arrival until 10am on day of departure. The usual take-over time, 4pm, may be subject to unavoidable delays. You must vacate your accommodation by the time stated (10am). You are obliged to leave your accommodation in a clean and tidy condition. You are responsible for any damage or loss caused during your stay. Arrivals may not be accepted after 7.00pm unless alternative arrangements have been made with reception staff. We reserve the right to re-let your accommodation if you do not arrive before 7.00pm.
- AMENDMENTS. Once a booking has been confirmed each amendment required by the guest will incur a charge of £30 for any subsequent re-invoicing. It is possible that a change of holiday dates in the same calendar year may be considered and charged as an amendment. This is subject to availability.
- Under no circumstances should the number in your party exceed either the number on the booking form or the capacity of the accommodation as advertised.
- The booking deposit (which may include your Cancellation Insurance) is a part payment of the cost of your holiday. The balance is payable 70 days prior to the start of your holiday. For bookings made within 70 days of the start of your holiday the full amount must be paid at the time of booking. (Please see section 32 on newspaper/special promotion bookings.) Deposits are calculated as follows;
|Total Booking Price||Deposit per Booking|
|Up to £150||£60|
|£151 - £200||£80|
|£201 - £350||£100|
|£351 - £500||£125|
|£501 - £1,000||£150|
From time to time we may run booking offers where there may be special deposit arrangements. Terms and conditions associated with these offers will be communicated at the time and may be different from above.
- CHARGES. All bank charges arising out of currency conversions, and any other cost arising for re-presenting UK cheques or the processing of late payments will be payable by you.
- HOLIDAY CANCELLATION BY YOU. In the event of you having to cancel your holiday you are required to notify us by telephone. This must be followed in writing by 1st Class post or by email. The postmark date or date of email will be the effective date of the cancellation and will be acknowledged by us. If you cancel more than 70 days before the date of your arrival, you will be entitled to a full refund of monies you have paid towards your holiday, less the deposit (see section 6 above) and any transaction fees. In the event that you alter your booking to a new and later arrival date, the 70 days referred to above will be calculated from the original date of arrival. If you cancel within 70 days before the date of your arrival, you will forfeit all monies paid, and you are also liable for any unpaid balance on your holiday. If you take out our Cancellation Insurance the following will apply; if you cancel your holiday for any reason more than 70 days before the date of your arrival, you will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid excluding the insurance premium and transaction fees. If for a qualifying reason, you cancel more than 42 days before the date of your arrival, you will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid excluding the insurance premium and transaction fees. If for a qualifying reason you cancel within 42 days before the date of your arrival, you will be entitled to a refund of all monies paid excluding the deposit (see section 6 above), insurance premium and transaction fees. Qualifying Reasons are, 1. Illness/Injury/Death of any member of your party named on the booking, or any of their immediate family. 2. Jury service by any member of your party named on the booking. 3. Redundancy of any member of your party named on the booking (qualifying for payment under the Redundancy Payments Legislation). 4. Fire, floods, subsidence or malicious damage, rendering your home uninhabitable. Provided that the circumstances listed above (1-4) arose after the date you made your booking, and documentary evidence supporting your claim can be supplied to the satisfaction of Hagans Leisure Group. Cancellation insurance must be taken out at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later stage.
- TOURING CANCELLATION BY YOU. If you cancel your touring booking more than 70 days before arrival you will be entitled to a refund of all money paid less any transaction charges. If you cancel your touring booking within 70 days you will not be entitled to any refund of money paid.
- CANCELLATION INSURANCE. You are strongly advised to take out your own cancellation insurance. If you take out our Cancellation Insurance the following will apply; if you cancel your holiday for any reason more than 70 days before the date of your arrival, you will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid excluding the insurance premium and transaction fees. If for a qualifying reason, you cancel more than 42 days before the date of your arrival, you will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid excluding the insurance premium and transaction fees. If for a qualifying reason you cancel within 42 days before the date of your arrival, you will be entitled to a refund of all monies paid excluding the deposit (see section 6 above), insurance premium and transaction fees. Qualifying Reasons are, 1. Illness/Injury/Death of any member of your party named on the booking, or any of their immediate family. 2. Jury service by any member of your party named on the booking. 3. Redundancy of any member of your party named on the booking (qualifying for payment under the Redundancy Payments Legislation). 4. Fire, floods, subsidence or malicious damage, rendering your home uninhabitable. Provided that the circumstances listed above (1-4) arose after the date you made your booking, and documentary evidence supporting your claim can be supplied to the satisfaction of Hagans Leisure Group.Cancellation insurance must be taken out at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later stage.
- HOLIDAY/TOURING CANCELLATION BY US. Full payment must be made by the due date stated on the confirmation letter. If full payment for your booking is not received by this time we reserve the right to cancel the booking without notice to you. If you have requested that the booking be re-instated, this will be subject to availability at the time of the request and, should such availability exist, an administration charge of £30 shall apply. All bookings are accepted on the understanding that the accommodation will be available for you at the time and on the date stated. If this should not be possible for any reason, other than those listed in section 12, which would force us to cancel your booking we will endeavour to, but cannot guarantee to, provide suitable alternative accommodation or alternative dates. In the unlikely event of this not being possible, and subject at all times to section 12, the full amount of the monies paid by you to us will be refunded via a credit in full to be used against future bookings within 18 months. The extent of our liability in this case is the amount of the monies paid by you to us and you are not at liberty to pursue a claim for compensation for travel costs, alternate accommodation, time taken off work or any other reason.
- FORCE MAJEURE. If as a consequence of “Force Majeure” we are forced to curtail, amend or cancel your booking you will not be at liberty to claim a refund or compensation as a consequence of the said curtailment, amendment or cancellation. In these terms and conditions the term Force Majeure shall mean Acts of God, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire, destruction or damage to holiday accommodation or infrastructure, riots, acts of war or civil commotion, requisition of property, insolvency, infectious disease, epidemic, pandemic, or any other reason or event which Hagans Leisure Group, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. This section takes precedent overs section 11 above.
- NO QUIBBLE REFUNDS. If you’re not completely satisfied with the standard of cleaning or maintenance of your accommodation and you decide not to stay in it as a result we will allow you to choose alternative equivalent accommodation, subject to availability, or to have a full refund. To qualify for the no quibble refund you must not have stayed in your accommodation. If you are not satisfied with your accommodation you must immediately speak to reception so that we are able to arrange a suitable alternative. If you stay in the accommodation overnight you will not qualify for the no quibble refund.
- NEWSPAPER/SPECIAL PROMOTIONS: If you have booked your holiday via a Newspaper/Special Holiday Promotion, you will receive a confirmation of provisional booking by email (if you have provided an email address) or by letter (if you have not). You will be asked to visit our website and make payment for additional charges (such as service charges/complex passes) and choose certain optional extras. Only once you have chosen and paid the additional charges is your booking confirmed. If you do not confirm your booking in this manner within 14 days of receiving your confirmation email or letter your booking will be cancelled and no refund is due. If you have requested that the booking be re-instated, this will be subject to availability at the time of the request and, should such availability exist, an administration charge of £30 shall apply. We reserve the right to change guest’s accommodation before the arrival date without notification. There are additional charges for Newspaper/Special Promotion bookings for; bed linen, towels, complex passes, service charges, and security deposits. Please note access to the swimming pool (and bar/entertainment complex for Beacon Fell View Holiday Park and Solway Holiday Village) will be denied without a valid complex pass. No amendments can be made to the dates of your holiday or the park that your booking has been made for. The cancellation policy for newspaper bookings is as laid down in section 11 with the exception that the money paid directly to the newspaper (the deposit) is never refundable by us. Monies paid for service charges/complex passes/linen/upgrades are treated as part of your holiday cost and are not refundable merely because you have not availed of them. You are advised to take out our cancellation insurance (however, please note we cannot refund the deposit paid to the newspaper). Subject to section 12 these terms and conditions for newspaper bookings override any of our other terms and conditions that conflict with them.
- TOURING BOOKINGS: We reserve the right to change a guest’s touring pitch before the arrival date without notification. Earliest check in is 1.00pm and latest check out is 00am. Late arrivals and departures may incur additional charges on the park. We offer fast track check in and late departure for an additional charge. If for any reason these times cannot be facilitated by us we will refund the charges. If you do not avail of fast track check in or late departure you will not be entitled to a refund of charges. You should check in advance with the park regarding other charges and the use of awnings, tents etc. Touring bookings must be paid in full at time of booking. One caravan, motorhome or tent only is permitted per pitch. If your caravan, tent or motorhome is longer than 18ft please contact the park prior to making your booking. Please note that trailer tents are regarded by us as tents and can only be booked on to parks that accept tents. We cannot accept working vehicles on site, for example, pick up trucks, vans and open back trucks.
- ELECTRIC HOOK UPS. All our holiday parks have electric and non-electric touring pitches. If you book a pitch with an electric hook up, therefore, you have chosen the optional supply of electricity, and will be charged for same accordingly.
- SPECIAL BOOKINGS. (a) Group booking. It is the responsibility of the Group Organiser to ensure that the full and correct detailsfor all the members are recorded on the booking form. Should any such group arrive at the holiday park without prior notification of these details, then the owner reserves the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation. (b) Disabled Persons. As only certain suitable accommodation is available for the disabled requiring wheelchair access, details must be advised at time of We always advise that our customers with disabilities should contact the park directly, prior to making a booking, to discuss the suitability or otherwise of our accommodation for the individual customer.
- Same sex male or female groups under 30 years of age are not normally accepted. Generally, parties of young people are only accepted at the company’s discretion. Please contact park reception before making your group booking.
- FACILITIES/ENTERTAINMENT/ACTIVITIES. Complex passes must be carried at all times as our staff carry out regular and random checks when entering facilities and entertainment. When in the pool area, children aged 12 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a responsible adult, aged 18 or over, who can swim. (More details are available on our park rules available on hagansleisure.co.uk.) Facilities may have height and age restrictions. You are asked to ensure that you and any children in your care obey any instructions from facility supervisors and pool attendants. Some facilities including, but not limited to, entertainment and swimming pools are not available outside of peak season and you are therefore advised to check with us at time of booking. We cannot guarantee entertainment every night, even in peak season. Our entertainment is varied and we try to appeal to a wide audience. However, we cannot be responsible for ensuring that there is always entertainment to suit particular groups or a particular type of customer. Holiday makers are not permitted to bring their own alcohol into the entertainment complex or bar. Possible function noise may be heard from outside the entertainment complex depending on how close your accommodation is to the complex. You are advised that certain activities and entertainment on park incur an extra charge (payable on park), for example, crazy golf, train ride and WiFi. Please note that we are not responsible for the operation of the WiFi network. In addition, we are not responsible for the strength of signal on mobile networks. We reserve the right to enter any accommodation at any time under special circumstances or emergencies. We reserve the right to adjust our services since it is possible that in some circumstances, accommodation, entertainment, an activity or a facility may have to be withdrawn due to maintenance, renovation, adverse weather conditions, changes in legislation, staff shortages, staff sickness, epidemic, pandemic or any other factor outside our control. We may not always be able to give prior notice of any such adjustments to service and will not be liable to pay compensation for any inconvenience caused.
- LINEN. All bed linen is provided (except for Newspaper or other promotions where there is an extra charge for bed linen). Soap, towels and dish cloths are not supplied.
- ELECTRICITY/WATER. Some accommodation units have coin operated electric meters. You are advised to check this at time of booking. It is not uncommon on holiday parks that the demand on electrical and water supply can lead to outages and loss of water pressure. In such instances, this loss of power and pressure should be temporary and no refund or other compensation will be payable.
- HOT TUBS. For bookings with hot tubs it is your responsibility to report to reception where you will be given Hot Tub Usage Guidelines. It is your responsibility to read and understand these guidelines and your signature will be required to indicate that you have done so. All our hot tubs are drained, cleaned, disinfected and re-filled with fresh water, for each change-over. Due to this, the water needs to be heated and may not be sufficiently to temperature on your first evening of arrival. If after the first night of your holiday your hot tub is not available for use, you will be entitled to a refund equal to 25% of the nightly price of your holiday for each night it is not available. Please note that the number of guests who use the hot tub is limited to the seating capacity of said hot tub. Should the hot tub require drained, cleaned, disinfected and re-filled due to user misuse a charge of £50 will apply.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS. From time to time we may insist on the payment of a security deposit which is fully refundable in the event that there is no damage (including excessive soiling) caused to the accommodation. The decision on the suitability of a refund is ours alone. Security deposits will usually be refunded within 21 days of departure.
- If any of your party suffers from animal allergies we would advise that certain accommodation which accepts pets may be unsuitable. We also advise caution when visiting our pet farm. If you have a food allergy or special dietary requirement, please talk to one of our staff before ordering your food.
- Pets are accepted in certain accommodation and will incur an extra charge. Only two pets are normally allowed. Please check with the park reception who must be informed of any pets before your arrival. All pets should be kept under control and dogs should be on leads at all times on the park. You must clean up after your pet. Pets are not allowed in facility buildings (does not apply to guide dogs) and we reserve the right to require the owner to remove a pet from the park if we consider that it is a nuisance or to be interfering with the general comfort of guests. Certain types of dog are not permitted on our parks, including, but not limited to, Pit Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasiliero and Japanese Tosa. If you are in doubt about whether your pet would be permitted please contact the park prior to making your booking. If you bring a pet to stay in an accommodation that has not been graded as pet friendly, you will be charged £60 for it to be specially cleaned. Pets are not allowed in particular facilities, such as the swimming pool areas, and may not be allowed in other facilities at certain times.
- COTS AND HIGH CHAIRS. Travel Cots and high chairs for caravans and chalets are available at a charge. Your travel cot and high chair must be collected from reception, where a £10 deposit each is payable. This deposit will be returned to you once the travel cot and/or high chair is taken back to reception in the condition in which it was hired. Remember to bring your own cot linen. In some accommodation the travel cot will fit in the living room only. Travel cots and high chairs are subject to availability. Please request at time of booking.
- CARS AND PARKING. Holidaymakers should obey all driving and parking signs on park. You are not permitted to bring working vehicles onto the park e.g. pick up trucks, lorries, vans.
- BBQ's are permitted provided they are continuously attended and are used in an open and safe area. No disposable BBQs are permitted to be used on the grass or put in the refuse areas until they have completely cooled down. BBQs should not be used on any surface that could pose a risk of fire or scorching such as decking, grass or furniture. BBQs should not be used or stored within any type of accommodation as this can cause deadly carbon monoxide poisoning. Gas and/or open fire Patio heaters are not permitted.
- CARE OF FACILITIES/ACCOMMODATION. Please treat the property, facilities and accommodation at the park with respect and care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice damage to any facility or in your accommodation please report it to reception immediately so that we can rectify the problem. Accommodation is carefully cleaned between bookings but they are not “deep cleaned” between bookings, so please assist our cleaners by leaving your accommodation how you would wish to find it. Your accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss or damage found. We reserve the right to enter your accommodation at any time under special circumstances or emergencies.We do not permit any excavation work or the installation of anything into the ground e.g. clothes lines, aerials, satellites, spikes, pins, etc. There are various underground services on our parks, including gas, electric and water, that pass through the touring pitch or the pitch your caravan holiday home occupies and surrounding areas. Should you anticipate carrying out any such activity, please contact the Park Management.
- DISCLAIMER. We take great care to ensure that the details on our website are accurate at all times. Pricing and other errors can occasionally be made. If you happen to spot a pricing error we are under no obligation to honour that price. Photographs taken at our parks are intended for guidance/illustrative purposes only. Please note that not all items/accommodation units will be identical to the photographs.
- BEHAVIOUR. We ask that you respect the quiet hours on our parks which are between 10pm and 7am. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation or refund if, in the opinion of the park manager, the customer or any member of their party is or has behaved in an unreasonable manner that impairs the enjoyment, comfort and safety of other guests or our staff members. Unreasonable behaviour includes, but is not limited to, verbal and physical abuse, and breaches of the park rules. All children must be properly supervised by parents or guardians throughout your holiday, including all park organised activities. We reserve the right to deny access to our facilities and/or any children’s activities if, in the reasonable opinion of the management of the park, we believe that any child or children will be unduly disruptive. Hagans Leisure Group will not tolerate physical or verbal abuse towards its staff. We have a zero tolerance policy and you will be asked to leave the park and/or accommodation immediately. In these cases no refund will be offered.
- FOOTBALL/GAELIC SHIRTS: Please note that it is our policy that no Football/Gaelic shirts are to be worn within our holiday parks.
- INFECTIOUS DISEASES. You must contact the duty manager should you contract any infectious or contagious disease while on holiday. Anyone who has such a condition may be confined, quarantined, or requested to leave the park. In such circumstances we are unable to offer a refund and we therefore recommend that you take out your own insurance.
- LICENSING LAWS. In accordance with licensing laws we can only sell alcohol to persons aged 18 or over. We may therefore require you to show proof of age using a valid photographic I.D.
- YOUR HOLIDAY ENVIRONMENT AND YOUR SAFETY. Our rules are designed to keep you safe and we require all guests to observe these rules and all safety signage and directions. Park rules can be viewed on hagansleisure.co.uk. the If you need to see any of our Health & Safety Policies, it is available for inspection by request in the Administration office. You are advised to acquaint yourself with your holiday environment as soon as you arrive. As is normal, holiday parks have grassy and often unfamiliar and undulating ground. You should take care when walking around our parks particularly in wooded areas or areas where it is not always possible to provide lighting. We advise that you should carry a pocket torch in hours of darkness to assist you and avoid any holiday accidents. As our parks are in rural locations, please be aware that some insects may find their way into your accommodation, and we cannot be held responsible for this. You must report any accident to reception as soon as possible after it has occurred and complete an accident report form and assist with any investigations, carried out by management. We cannot be held responsible for any accidents not reported in this manner before the end of your stay on our park.
- (a) Neither HAGANS LEISURE GROUP, nor any associated or subsidiary company thereof shall be liable for any loss of or damage to any property including motor vehicles and motorcycles or the like, howsoever caused whether resulting from orcaused by the negligence, wilful act, omission or otherwise of HAGANS LEISURE GROUP, their servants, agents or concessionaries,of guests, residents, occupiers or invitees. (b) Neither HAGANS LEISURE GROUP, nor any associated or subsidiary company thereof shall be liable for any death, injury, loss or damage, direct or indirect sustained by or occasioned to any person (including persons under the age of 18 years) who’s names appear on the booking form save insofar as death or injury results from the negligence of the said HAGANS LEISURE GROUP, or any associated or subsidiary company thereof.
- Once your holiday has commenced we cannot be responsible for curtailment as a result of bad weather, and therefore should you decide to cut your holiday short as a result of bad weather or the resulting ground conditions no refund will be payable and you will have no claim against us.
- LOCAL ATTRACTIONS. We accept no responsibility for information provided on our website or brochure relating to local attractions or events, including details of distances and timings. We provide this in good faith for information purposes only and make no recommendations in respect of any attraction. If we list attractions we do not do so as agent for operators of the attraction and so have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any reliance on the information provided by us.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party unless there was wilful default by us or our employees. Please note that your personal belongings are your responsibility at all times and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage. No action can be taken in respect of any complaint not brought to the attention of the park duty manager during your holiday. Please see the section 43 entitled “Complaints”. We cannot be held liable for any consequential loss, including, but not limited to, travel costs, alternate accommodation costs, loss of income, as a result of any amendment, curtailment or cancellation of your booking with us.
- Should you wish to post your own photographs on our facebook page you are automatically giving us permission to use these shots in our brochure or website. We will do our best to notify you if your pictures are to be used. We reserve the right to remove any pictures from our facebook and website pages. No photography is allowed in the swimming pool areas, unless organised by us for promotional purposes and with the consent of the individuals being photographed.
- PARK RULES: Acceptance of these terms and conditions confirms that you will abide with the Park Rules at all times. These rules are available at reception on arrival and are available on our website.
- COMPLAINTS. Every effort has been made to ensure you have an enjoyable holiday. If however, you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your holiday you must inform park reception as soon as possible so that remedial action can be taken. If the problem has not been resolved to your satisfaction you must record your complaint with the duty manager. If, at the end of your holiday, you feel we have still not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, please contact the customer services manager in writing at our head office, 184 Templepatrick Road, Ballyclare, Co. Antrim, BT39 0RA or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days after the end of your holiday. We are only able to address complaints that are firstly brought to the attention of park reception and the duty manager while you are on holiday and secondly reported in writing or by email to the customer services manager within 14 days of the end of your holiday. Unfortunately we must impose these limitations so that we are afforded the opportunity to solve any problems swiftly, fairly and effectively.