Q. Where do I start?

A: Review all of our Park Homes for sale on our website , if we feel there is another brand or model you would be interested in please contact our sales department.

Q. What will it cost?

A: Prices can vary depending on size , fixtures,fittings and location.

Q. How can I raise the cash?

A. Finance companies like Park Home Assist, Royscot Larch and Home & General specialise in providing loans for the purpose of park home purchases. Our sales team can also arrange finance packages for your or offer advice.

Q. Do I sign a contract ?

A. Under the Mobile Homes Act 1983, you must enter in a Written Agreement with the park owner to live on there park home site. If you buy your home from the park owner , he must give you the agreement 28 days before purchase , unless you agree in writing to reduce the time . Residents rights are contained in the Implied (Part III), which were strengthened in October 2006. The Implied Terms must include security of tenure and the residents right to sell 'on site' to a third party . For more information , call the Dept of Communities and Local Government on 0303 444 0000 or visit www.communites.gov.uk . Finally the Written Agreement has Express Terms , agreed between the park owner and resident. These terms can include : a plot fee increases, an occupier's duty to keep his home in a good state of repair; and the site owner's duty to keep the site well.


Q. Is there a structural warranty ?

A: New homes start with a 12-month manufacturer's statutory gurantee , but some also have a 10 - year extended structural warranty .


Q. Are they easy to insure?

A: Due to their non - standard construction park homes are best insured by specialist park home insurers such as Towergate Insurance, Parksure or Mobile Home Insurance. Typically the policy will insure the home and contents on a new - for - old basis, so the sums insured should reflect the cost of replacement as new to include an allowance for site clearance, re- siting, and delivery fee's . Some policies also include legal expenses cover which can be a valuable addition.


Q. Should I get a survey?

A. For second hand homes it is important to get a survey report from a specialist park home surveyor on its condition. Blue Chip Park Homes Limited , Carlisle's will provide independent surveys and carry out checks inside , outside and beneath the park home.


Q. What if I want to sell?

A. You are required by law to pay a commission of up to 10 per cent of the sale price to the park owner.


Q. Are there any hidden costs?

A. You will have to pay council tax, usually in one of the lower bandings , either A or B . You also pay ground rent to the park site owner . Rents vary depending on the park's location and facilties.


  • Holiday Home Ownership Holiday Home
    More Info
  • Motorhome Sales Motorhome
    More Info
  • Residential Home Ownership Park Homes More Info